Many times, I wonder if I should just be content to be single...and stop trying to be something else. Things ended with Drew. Although I am very happy that I was able to understand his point of view about "Butterflies," and grateful to understand a part of me that I need to change, I have realized that things are not right between Drew and I. There was no big break up...nothing dramatic. I just asked him if we could slow things down a bit and see other people. He had wanted the opposite and was feeling like I didn't give him enough...that he was my last thought at the end of the day. At the time we had this conversation, I had just finished an unusally stressful week and knew that I couldn't offer him anything more than I already was. I felt relief that I no longer had to disappoint him.
I started seeing someone shortly after....we'll call him Rob. He recently started working for the nonprofit company where I have been working this past year. Interestingly, he went to high school with my younger sister and I went to school with his older brother. He is two years younger than me. Ironically, over a year ago, my sister mentioned that her high school buddy was still single and wondered if I would be open to a blind date. I was but Rob was living in Arizona and I was temporarily in Utah and, for whatever reason, the date was never arranged. About two months ago, Rob showed up to work. I recognized his last name and he resembled his brother. We have gone out a few times....and I have enjoyed myself thoroughly. I am completely attracted to him...his mind...and the way and care he thinks about things...he allows me to think about things in a completely new way. I love being around him. He works out in the wilderness the majority of the time. It is a perfect arrangement for me because so often I get so wrapped up so quickly that I fail to see things clearly and I easily lose myself in the whirlwind.
I will keep posting but please Jane, Mercedes and Jill....tell me about your life. Jane, any word on the job front? How about you, Mercedes? Jill, I would love to get to know you better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes that is the perfect arrangement- it will force you to take thinks slow- something you arent the best at- I love you but your not!
Post a Comment