Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Falling OUT OF Love




Hey there bloggers, I'm Mercedes. For those of you who don’t know me, my life can be very comical but yet depressing at times and hopefully you can’t relate. I love to ramble and to avoid rambling my goal is to keep my posts within about 10-15 minutes by the time I am done deleting, rewriting, and removing all the cuss words in an effort to keep this clean!!!!

What can I tell you about me….I am a single, LDS female who is divorced with two children. My oldest child is a girl and my youngest child is a boy. I work full-time as the internal audit manager for a privately held company. I’ve picked up some business operations responsibilities and plan to shift into that full time very soon. In addition, I run an internet company I started last year. I’m dying to sit in the sun and do nothing but so far that doesn’t look promising. I enjoy being with my kids as we attempt to cook something or play at the park. I like to shop, read, work out, snowboard, wakeboard, hike, and be with family and friends.

I don’t really know where to start so I guess I will go with the thoughts I’ve had today. How do I explain my relationship with this guy I like a lot? I think I’m in love with him (maybe just a big crush). I have thoughts of him day and night; want to be with him all the time. Yes, I even imagine him kissing me passionately like he did last time I saw him. For this post, and posts here after, I will call him Mort. He lives two states away so it really isn’t possible to see him, which is probably a good thing to be honest. We both concluded we don’t think long distances relationships work so we just carry about our lives day by day. I hate having these feelings. How could a guy possible have this kind of crazy hold over my thoughts? So here is the big question…How do I fall out of love with him and still be friends? Is that possible? I can’t even keep Mort’s phone number in my phone because I don’t want to text or call him. On the other hand, if he sends me a text or calls I get all giddy and act as if I’ve died and gone to heaven. Honestly, my goal is to get a grip with my emotions, especially when I have PMS because it seems to magnify itself. Oh well, I guess that goes along with being a female, I will try to embrace it this week! Oh yeah...he called tonight and yes I'm on cloud nine!

1 comment:

Lola said...

You are hilarious and I do not envy your position at all! Some say it is better to have "loved and lost" than never to have loved at all. I certainly agree with that statement when I am on cloud nine. However, in times of heartache, I disagree so completely. Cloud nine is a very real place and it is the reason we keep putting ourselves through these experiences. Perhaps this guy will be the one. However, my only advice is...don't compromise your values...i.e. LDS and a NON-Cheater...you have endured enough of the hellish stuff for a liftime!